When advanced conversion optimizers want to generate 4X to 20X ROI for their clients, they turn to the LIFT Model®. Developed by Chris Goward, author of You Should Test That!, it is the go-to framework worldwide for optimizing web and mobile experiences.
How it works
The LIFT Model provides a conversion optimization framework (one of many we use at WiderFunnel) showing the Six Conversion Factors that allow you to evaluate landing pages from the perspective of the page visitor. See Fig. 1 below for the conceptual graphic of the LIFT Model.
At WiderFunnel, we use the LIFT Model to identify issues and opportunities for testing hypotheses and design. The LIFT Model specifically focuses on the Six Conversion Factors of value proposition, clarity, relevance, distraction, urgency, and anxiety.
An optimized conversion path will have a clear value proposition, an appropriate sense of urgency, bring clarity to message and actions required, and have high relevance to the user. Great sites also reduce distraction and lower anxiety. At WiderFunnel, we analyze pages and page elements to see how we can improve on one or all of these elements.
For an example of a LIFT analysis using the LIFT Model read Chris Goward’s blog post:
Case studies highlighting the LIFT Model:
Content related to the LIFT Model’s six conversion factors:
- Blog – Use These 3 Points to Create an Awesome Value Proposition
- Blog – Everything Counts Toward Your Value Proposition
- Case – How Canada’s Largest Sporting Goods Retailer is Getting More Value Out of its Value Proposition
- Case – The Sims 3 Doubles Game Registrations By Identifying The Most Compelling Offer
- Blog – The One Segment You Probably Aren’t (But Should Be) Looking At
- Blog – How to Succeed at Segmentation and Personalization
- Blog – Small Changes, Big LIFT
- Blog – The High Cost of Conversion-Before-Education Thinking
- Case – Telestream Sees 26% Increase in Cart Conversion Rate Over 6 Months
- Blog – 59 Words & Phrases That Convert (and How to Use ‘Em)
- Blog – A/B Testing During the Holidays: Risks and Rewards
- Case – Increasing Donation Revenue by 94.6% for IRC
- Case – B2B Marketer Gets 290% More Webinar Pre-Registration Leads With Conversion Optimization