When advanced conversion optimizers want to generate 4X to 20X ROI for their clients, they turn to the LIFT Model. Developed by Chris Goward, author of You Should Test That!, it is the go-to framework worldwide for optimizing web and mobile experiences.
How it works
The LIFT Model provides a conversion optimization framework (one of many we use at WiderFunnel) showing the Six Conversion Factors that allow you to evaluate landing pages from the perspective of the page visitor. See Fig. 1 below for the conceptual graphic of the LIFT Model.
At WiderFunnel, we use the LIFT Model to identify issues and opportunities for testing hypotheses and design. The LIFT Model specifically focuses on the Six Conversion Factors of value proposition, clarity, relevance, distraction, urgency, and anxiety.
An optimized conversion path will have a clear value proposition, an appropriate sense of urgency, bring clarity to message and actions required, and have high relevance to the user. Great sites also reduce distraction and lower anxiety. We analyze pages and page elements to see how we can improve on one or all of these elements.
For an example of a LIFT analysis using the LIFT Model read Chris Goward’s blog post:
Case studies highlighting the LIFT Model:
Content related to the LIFT Model’s six conversion factors:
- Blog – Use These 3 Points to Create an Awesome Value Proposition
- Blog – Everything Counts Toward Your Value Proposition
- Case – The Sims 3 Doubles Game Registrations By Identifying The Most Compelling Offer
- Blog – Landing Page Optimization Key: Create More Value than Cost
- Blog – 8 Steps to Amazing Website Segmentation Success
- Blog – How to Combine Conversion Optimization with SEO
- Blog – The Top 7 Conversion Optimization Trends for 2015
- Case – SaaS Startup Passes 1 Million Members Using This Conversion Optimization System
- Blog – A/B Split Testing vs. Multivariate: Pros & Cons
- Case – Call-to-Action Testing Drives a 106% Increase in Bookings for RV Rental Company
- Case – B2B Marketer Gets 290% More Webinar Pre-Registration Leads With Conversion Optimization